Thursday 31st January
There will be another Wine Tasting in the Deepend Bar and Bistro on Thursday 31st January at 7.15pm!
This time the topic is the ‘Klassic Kiwi Kollection’.
For a relatively small South Pacific Island country, New Zealand punches well above its weight in the quality wine stakes; especially for its ‘signature grape’ Sauvignon Blanc for white, as well as Pinot Noir for red – which is now viewed as the country’s ‘point of difference’ black variety. But while contrasting a pair of each for different regions will form the core of this tasting, other Kiwi versions of other grape types will also be on show, suggesting that the country has much more to offer than the obvious.
With 8 wines from 6 different New Zealand wine zones, they will include:
- ‘Villa Maria’ – Pinot Grigio – East Coast Region
- ‘Cowrie Bay’ – Chardonnay – Gisborne
- ‘Ragged Point’ – Sauvignon Blanc – Nelson
- ‘Graham Norton’s Own’ – Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough
- ‘Winemaker’s Select’ – Pinot Noir – Marlborough
- ‘Russian Jack’ – Pinot Noir – Martinborough
- ‘Oyster Bay’ – Merlot – Hawkes Bay
- ‘Villa Maria’ – Merlot/ Cabernet Sauvignon – Hawkes Bay
Everyone is welcome, and tickets are £15, which will include the wine and some light bites.
Tickets can be purchased at the Bar, by either popping down or calling on 0141 334 7783. Payment is required at the time of booking.
This session is again sponsored by David at the Uni Barber, 3 White Street, Glasgow, G11 5RS.