Find out information on activities and opening times available to our junior members.
Junior Member Pool Timetable
The swimming pool is open to junior members as follows:
Aged up to and including 15:
|Monday – Friday||9:30 am – 12 noon|
|2:00 pm to 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 am to 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||10:00am to 1:00 pm|
|2:00pm to 5:30 pm|
Aged 16-18: As above with the exception that junior members aged 16-18 may use the various facilities open to them until 7:30 pm on Mondays to Saturdays and to 6:30 pm on Sundays.
- Junior members under the age of 6 must be accompanied by an adult senior member. Juniors over the age of 6 wishing to access the pool without an adult, must complete a pool assessment to demonstrate they can swim one length of the pool confidently.
- Junior members may remain in the pool until 6:30 pm on Mondays to Fridays when accompanied, in the pool, by an adult senior member.
- Junior members aged 16 and over may use the mixed sauna during the above hours.
- Junior members must be out of the changing areas 15 minutes after the above closing times.
- Junior members aged 15 years and under should be out of the premises by 7:30 pm.
Junior Swimming lessons
A variety of swimming lessons are available to our junior members. All swimming lessons must be paid for at time of booking.
1-1 Lessons suitable for beginners or to build confidence in the water. (Only available to members).
Group Lessons dependant on swimming ability. An assessment is required by one of our swimming instructors to decide which group is most suitable. (Only available to members).
For further information on Western Baths 1-1 and Group Lessons, please contact Allan Rhodes at [email protected]
Junior Member Gym Use
Parental permission is required for all juniors aged 16 and 17 years old before access to the gym is granted. Consent forms can be completed at reception by a parent or legal guardian.
Junior members aged 16 and 17 may use the Gym as follows:
|Monday to Friday||9:30am to 12pm, 2pm -7.30pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||10:00am to 5:30pm|
Please note, junior members do not have access to the gym between 12pm and 2pm weekdays.
Explore our Junior Classes
Beginner's Archery with Caroline. Suitable for ages 9 and above.
Basketball helps to develop hand eye co-ordination, speed, agility, teamwork and tactile play.
A fun way for juniors to develop their football skills.
Run by experience coaches from West of Scotland CC.
Our inflatables sessions take place the first and third Saturday of every month.
|Aged 8 years and under||3.00pm – 3.40pm|
|Aged 9 years and over||3.45pm – 4.30pm|
Trapeze & Rings
The trapeze and rings may be used between the following times:
|Monday to Friday||9:30am to 12:00pm|
|2:00pm to 5:30pm*|
|6:30pm to 8:30pm|
|Saturday||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|6:00pm to 7:30pm|
|Sunday||10:30am to 1:00pm|
|2:00pm to 6:30pm*|
*Please note the following:
When swimming lessons are on the following restrictions are also in place:
- Monday – 4.30 to 5.15pm rings and trapeze not in use.
- Tuesday – 4.00 to 5.15pm rings and trapeze not in use.
- Wednesday- 4.00 to 5.00pm rings and trapeze not in use.
- Thursday – 2.00 to 2.30pm rings and trapeze not in use.
- Friday – 2.00 to 2.30pm rings and trapeze not in use.
- Sunday – 2.00 to 3.30pm rings and trapeze not in use.
In addition to the above the rings and trapeze are closed during school pool hire times.
Please see the in-house planners or the website for more details.
Please note we reserve the right at all times to close the rings and trapeze to ensure the safety of pool users is maintained.
Juniors under the age of 16 years must be accompanied with an adult member when using the Sports Hall unless attending one of our junior clubs.
Individual activities such as Table Tennis, Badminton etc. are bookable at reception or by calling 0141 576 0294.