Aqua instructor Kathleen Stewart holds an excellent water aerobics class, this is a member only class.
Water aerobics (waterobics, aquatic fitness, aquafitness, aquafit) is the performance of aerobic exercise in fairly shallow water such as in a swimming pool. Done mostly vertically and without swimming typically in waist deep or deeper water, it is a type of resistance training
The top benefits of aqua aerobics
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles
- Working out in water helps build strength. Fighting against the push of the water activates your muscles
- Water pressure helps put less strain on the heart by moving blood around the body
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion
- Working out in water helps prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer
- And… it’s fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.